There’s nothing fancy about this recipe, but when you do it right, you get the absolutely perfect crispy fish and crunchy chips.
- 2 large bream fillets
- 3 potatoes cut into chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. fish spice
- Oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat.
- In a bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, fish spice and black pepper.
- Next slowly add the water and whisk until batter is combined and smooth.
- Pat dry the fish fillets with kitchen paper, then dip each piece into batter coating evenly.
- Fry fish until golden brown and crispy then remove to kitchen paper and drain.
- Next fry potatoes until golden.
- Place the fish and chips on a serving plate, with a side of your favorite sauce and enjoy!
Enjoy & Share!