Tilapia baked or poached in a simple tomato and onion mix to which a little feta and chopped mint are added, providing a fresh flavour.
Preparation: 15 mins Cooking: 15-20 mins Serve: 2
- 1 fresh Yaleo whole tilapia, gutted & scaled
- 8 fingerling potatoes
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Whisk the cider vinegar, mustard, and dill in a medium-sized bowl.
- Dip the potatoes in the vinegar mixture and place along the edge of a baking dish, making sure to have room for the fish in the center.
- Set aside remaining vinegar mixture.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Cut two slashes into the skin on each side of the fish.
- Place the garlic and parsley in the cavity of the fish.
- Once 15 minutes have passed, take out the potatoes.
- Place the tilapia and tomatoes in the center of the baking dish along with the potatoes.
- Coat the fish evenly on both sides with the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the fish is flaky (the thickest part should be at 135°F).
Enjoy & Share!